You can personalize your newsletters by including the first and/or last name of your subscribers.
This works in 3 different places:
- The Subject line of your newsletter
- In the newsletter editor (Step 2)
- In the Confirmation email (Settings page, Subscription Confirmation tab)
How it works in the visual editor
To add a first name, last name or a default text, use the following button in your text editor:
This will add this snippet (or "tag") in your text editor:
If your first name is John Doe in your subscriber profile in our email marketing, and you send the newsletter to yourself, you will see this: Howdy John, how are you today?
If the subscriber doesn't have a first name, this will show instead: Howdy Doe, how are you today?
Finally, if the subscriber only has an email address, it will show this: Howdy subscriber, how are you today?
Send yourself a test newsletter to try it.
Other examples of usage
If you want just the first name, use this:
Alternatively, just the last name, like this:
This would display one of these 3 combinations if the recipient is called John Doe:
- Hello John Doe!
- Hello Comrade Doe!
- Hello Comrade of our ship!
Full list of available shortcodes
- First Name: [user:firstname | default:subscriber]
- Last Name: [user:lastname | default:subscriber]
- Email Address: [user:email]
- Newsletter Subject: [newsletter:subject]
- Show number of posts: [newsletter:total]
- Show latest post's title: [newsletter:post_title]
- Display the issue number: [newsletter:number]
- Current day of the month number: [date:d]
- Current day of the month in ordinal, ie. 2nd, 3rd, etc : [date:dordinal]
- Full name of current day: [date:dtext]
- Current month number: [date:m]
- Full name of current month: [date:mtext]
- Year: [date:y]
- Unsubscribe link: [global:unsubscribe]
- Edit subscription page link: [global:manage]